[Vision2020] Ignorami, not ignoramuses

Trinacria Goddess trinacriagoddess at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 11:44:51 PDT 2005

I may not be a master of the English language (since I have already been made fun of by Dan C. for using the word ignorancy--but didn't Shakespear make up words that are now used in common day speech?), but you don't know who I am or where I'm from.  What I have noticed on many postings is the word "ignoramuses" as an insult.  The "es" is a Greek plural ending.  "Ignoramus" is Latin.  Therefore, the correct plural usage of the word would be "ignorami."  I only say this because I am fluent in Latin, and it is annoying to see the word butchered.

http://mail.yahoo.com