[Vision2020] Neo-Nazi Plans North Idaho Event

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Jan 30 09:29:10 PST 2005

Sensing as I do that the Spokesman Review post -- thank you, Tom -- will
spark a discussion of "whites only" vs., say, an Italian Heritage Picnic,
Juneteenth Festival, or Erin Go Bragh Party on St. Paddy's Day, I think now
might be a good time to remind us all of this fact:

"White" power, "white" pride, "white heritage," etc., means nothing more
than "to the exclusion and denigration of Jews, blacks, Asians, Latinos,
Native Americans and other non-Anglo peoples -- the Other."  Celebrating
one's Scottish, Mexican, Polish or African-American heritage is a beautiful
expression of our God-given diversity; celebrating "white" celebrates the
bigotry, racism, and violence of oppression that elevates hate to an ideal
and the hater to icon status, even if it claims a century or so later that
the oppressed enjoyed a harmonic, affectionate relationship with the
oppressor.

Which, of course, would be something I know my Christian brothers and
sisters throughout Moscow would never do.

keely emerine mix