[Vision2020] Moscow Animal Ordinances

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Fri Jan 28 16:29:15 PST 2005

Saundra,
I have just briefly gone through it and have the following comments about
it:

There seems to be potential for frizzbie-chasing dogs (running off-leash) in
a park to be classified as nuisances.  It may not be an issue, but some
tweeking might be in order.

I have a one-acre yard in town and I'm glad that I would be allowed to
borrow sheep or goats to graze it instead of using gasoline and a noisy
mower to cut it.  I'm always looking for better ways to care for it.

I don't understand why cats rate higher than dogs in the numbers permitted
if neutered.  Small or large, dogs tend to be more obedient than cats.

I hope this wording allows better options for enforcement of neglect issues.
(Just today I've heard of a protracted effort the city, police and animal
welfare people are involved with to get particular horse owners to properly
care for their animals.  Currently it seems the animals have to be almost in
critical need before intervention can occur.)

Thanks for bringing this to V2020, I did not know it was being rewritten.

Mark
Mark Seman, Architect
Heather Seman, Landscape Architect
Full Circle Studios