[Vision2020] donovans beautiful plan

stigmatta x citizenx at rock.com
Thu Jan 27 09:27:21 PST 2005

Donovan,

You said

" <SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-family: 'Courier New'">I  <o:p> </o:p> </SPAN>

 <SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-family: 'Courier New'">guess one thing we could do is maybe maintain the roads, sidewalks,  <o:p> </o:p> </SPAN>

 <SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-family: 'Courier New'">Friendship square, and maybe have the city buy the original buildings and  <o:p> </o:p> </SPAN>

 <SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-family: 'Courier New'">rent them whenever we can." <o:p> </o:p> </SPAN>

 <SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-family: 'Courier New'">&nbsp; <o:p> </o:p> </SPAN>

I find it interesting that you are suggesting that the city of Moscow should try to buy downtown buildings and fix them up.

How would that work?

Would owners be fairly compensated at market rates?

What if they didn't want to sell them?

Would the city have to create a office of rental management?

Who would pay the property tax on these building now?

I imagine this property reduction would severely crimp city and county operating budgets thus forcing the city to raise rents on downtown businesses.

This rent increase would force what small privately owned businesses to close or move out of the city leaving Moscow with a dead inner core.

Good plan.

 Citizen x

Helping sheep adjust to the herd. Move along.