[Vision2020] Land Use

Faul Ottomaticks faulottomaticks at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 23:48:21 PST 2005

>From: "Donovan Arnold" <donovanarnold at hotmail.com>
>To: vision2020 at moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Land Use
>Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:08:27 -0800
>
>How did we get so off topic?
>
>The major problem with V2020 is so often when we are discussing issues like
>the one titled here, Land Use, it degenerates very easily into ad hominid
>attacks.

Mr. Arnold,

How did we indeed!

I apologize for rising to the artfully presented bait. It is so indelicate
for one to mount a credible defense to incredible accusations. On this list.

Oh, by the way: it's ad hominem. Against the man.

Ad hominid means against, well, hominids. Including apes.

Wait a minute...you're not suggesting the vision2020 crowd is a bunch of
apes, are you? Oh no--I just disparaged baboons in a previous post! Now I'm
really in trouble!

Seriously, though. As a scholar you are compelled to weigh in on matters of
import. Each of us brings something to a discussion of the issues. I'll say
it again: the issues.

I've enjoyed the joust, Sir Donovan. Is it time to focus on the future?

Proud to leave medieval times behind,

Faul Ottomaticks