[Vision2020] Zoning Code and NSA (archives)

Michael Curley curley at turbonet.com
Mon Jan 24 12:12:33 PST 2005

Art:
There is, indeed, a paragraph 11-9-47 in Title 4 of the City Code.  When I plug in your
cite reference, it comes up the city code with 11 chapters.  I believe you may be looking
at Chapter 4 of Title 4.  Try Chapter 11, and then specifically, section 11-9, under which
you will find multiple suparts (because it is the definition section).  No. 47 is actually,
"institution, educational." and contains the quoted language.
Mike Curley

On 23 Jan 2005 at 19:30, Art Deco wrot

James, et al,

I am unable to find the following citeposted (below) byMr.
Nelson in the Moscow Zoning Ordinance currently posted on
the City of Moscow website:

MCC § 4-11-9(47). MCC gives the following definition of "Educational Institution":

"A college or university supported by public or private funds, tuitions, contributions or
endowments, giving advanced academic instructions as approved by the State Board of
Education or by a recognized accrediting agency, excluding preschool, elementary and
junior or senior high schools, and trade and commercial schools; including fraternity and
sorority houses."
There is noparagraph 4-11-9(47) in the currently posted
zoning ordinance that I can find.

Arethere additional zoning ordinances which
are not posted at the citywebsite??

I notice that Section 4 of the posted zoning ordinance
(http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/citycode/TITLE04/toc.asp )
deals with the University Zoning District and contains this
caveat:

Land in the University zoning district must be owned by the University of Idaho
(hereinafter “University”).

Perhaps someone can explain why there appear to be two
different zoning ordinances and, if not, which one is the
current one, and if so, where can one access the ordinance
which Mr. Nelson cites?

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Nelson"