[Vision2020] Red-Faced Apology: I was carelessly bad!

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sat Jan 22 14:53:12 PST 2005

Stan, V 2020ers,

I apologize profusely to my mentor Stan for accidentally sending a message to V 2020 which was in fact a confidential stream between Stan and I.  Stan has been very gracious in providing me with accurate, insightful information and trying to constructively rein in my sometimes graphic wildness in using that information.

I have now communicated privately with Stan and he has very graciously accepted my verbal apology; and was also gracious enough to allow me to repeat (below the line) the proposed V 2020 post we were working on together.

I also apologize to V 2020ers who found themselves amidst a private conversation.  Because of a long period of pandemonium that was occurring between the phone, the front door, and Star I typed the message in the wrong window and sent it without checking the addressee -- but there really was no excuse for my stupid, careless error.  I will try hard not to repeat such an error.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com

Approved post:

Normal Folks,

The NSA website boasts that American Poet Laureate Ted Kooser will give a reading there on March 18, 2005.

Word on the street, particularly in the vicinity of Bucer's, says that Kooser is rethinking his appearance after being contacted by various Moscow and Latah County business interests.

If Kooser does cancel, some questions arise:

Will NSA repeat its alleged charade of last spring when their "famous" speaker also canceled.  According to Captain Kirker, last spring a cardboard cutout of the speaker was placed on stage while a tape recording was played allegedly containing her (the "famous" speaker's) voiced words.

Will this kind of charade occur again?

Will a cardboard cutout of Kooser be exhibited while a tape recording of him reading some of his works plays?

If so, will the cutout be fondled by President and Senior Fellow of Humanities Roy Alden Atwood?

If the cutout becomes pregnant as a result of Atwood's activities, will there be a secret, covenantally allowable AB to prevent the sullying of the alleged good name of this allegedly Christian college and its allegedly Christian president?