[Vision2020] Yesterday's rally

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:24:37 PST 2005

There seems to be some dispute regarding the number of people at yesterday's
rally at Friendship Square.  Quibbling over numbers, and ridiculing those
who did show up serves what purpose?  I didn't go, because I had to work.
That's probably true of many of us who supported the rally in spirit, but
were unable to physically attend.  To dismiss it as a "Loser's Rally" is to
apparently label 49% of the electorate as losers.  I notice there is going
to be a march for life event tomorrow in Moscow.  Though I am personally
pro-choice, I feel no need to ridicule those who will participate in that
event.  They, like those at Friendship Square (and other locations around
the country) yesterday, will be taking advantage of one our country's truly
great strengths.  The right to gather peacefully in support of or in dissent
of a cause.  And it's quite possible that one or two people who were at
Friendship Square yesterday will be marching tomorrow.  Will they still be
losers?

                                                      Carl Westberg Jr.