[Vision2020] ITD workshops today

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Thu Jan 20 10:41:04 PST 2005

There is one more day of meetings, this afternoon and evening regarding
transportation options related to Highway 95.  I agree with Mr. Sarff's
comments, below, that the approaches of Hwy 95 to the city of Moscow will to
a large extent influence or dictate the location of a by-pass (whether the
by-pass is federally funded or a locally maintained ring road).

In the interests of sound community planning and recognizing that the
Pullman-Moscow communities provide the bulk of transportation demand in this
area, it has always been my belief that traffic alternatives should favor a
location between Pullman-Moscow (e.g., the reserved right of way on the
state line through the U of I campus, or across the state line in extreme
eastern Washington), as opposed to routing traffic east of Moscow.  If we
are to re-route traffic from downtown, a western re-routing should be
provided before an eastern one, in my opinion.

Whatever your opinions, take the opportunity to make them known at the
meetings today or this evening at Eastside Marketplace.

Bruce Livingston