[Vision2020] City of Moscow Gives Moscow Chamber of Commerce $10, 000

John Dickinson johnd at moscow.com
Thu Jan 20 08:18:17 PST 2005

Saundra,

Thanks for attending the city council meeting. Your recollections of the
meeting seem accurate to me, but you did not have access to the details of
the Chamber's request. I thought I would pass that information on to you
here.

The Chamber requested $10,000 and itemized their request like this.

$5000 for Staff Support: As the official Moscow Visitor Center, roughly 65%
of our daily activity involves visitor / tourism / community-related
information activities by Chamber staff. As the "Front Door" to Moscow it is
important the Chamber provide our visitors with a positive, professional,
and attractive image and timely, factual, and accurate information.

$2000 for Equipment: The Chamber needs to upgrade several pieces of office
equipment including fax machine, computers and software. As the "Information
Clearinghouse" for Moscow, it remains important to produce high-quality and
professional materials and information to the public. Image is important.

$3000 for Promotion and Advertising: As we serve to promote our community
and businesses, it is important to advertise and publish in regional travel
publications as well as continue production of the annual Moscow-Pullman
Visitor Guide and the City Map.

I hope this information helps.

John DIckinson

request by

> the Moscow Chamber of Commerce last night.  I'm copying our City Council

> members and mayor on this because if I get any facts wrong, I sincerely
welcome