[Vision2020] Give the High School to NSA? Forget it!

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Tue Jan 18 22:45:48 PST 2005

Jim,
I don't think you understood my intended message.  The notion behind my post
was my perceived need for this community (individuals, groups, organizations
... people) to get its act together and work towards a holistic and visioned
approach to community development.  If the timelines and scopes-of-work for
all the various "projects" that are in the works were understood, then there
is greater opportunity for comprehensive and coordinated development.  I
know it's pie-in-the-sky, because it would take tremendous community effort
to work together at that level.  What I would like to see is at least a
greater effort of collaboration.

I mentioned NSA because it is one component of this community, as are all
the other named "groups" (and all the un-named individuals), that I feel
need to work together to make Moscow a place I want to live.  Contrary to
your statement - I believe it IS in the best interest of most everyone in
Moscow (and beyond) for all of us to be working towards a common goal.  The
difficulty with this concept is: "What is the common goal?"  What is it that
we can all agree to?  I don't know what that magical element is.  But I feel
we need to find it, otherwise we will continue to be a bitter, polarized,
apethetic, intolerant group of people who just happen to live together.  I
don't have to live here, but just like most everyone else here, I want
to...until I can't stand it, then I'll go find  COMMUNITY elsewhere.

This is not an issue about "giving" to any one organization, rather it is
about giving to the community to develop community.  Giving what?  Giving
your commitment, your constructive critisims, your tolerance, your ideas,
your money, your time to make Moscow worth living in - for now and for the
future.  I want to see a Moscow that is fun, cohesive, tolerant, and
vibrant.  We don't have to agree, believe, understand, or know what others
do.  And rather than argue over differences, I'd like to seeing discussion
and movement towards defining and agreement upon a common goal.  In my mind
there is room for this, maybe we still need to squabble over differences for
awhile longer, but eventually we ALL need to get over it and move on.

Still waiting,
Mark
Mark Seman, Architect
Heather Seman, Landscape Architect