[Vision2020] Request for Information

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Mon Jan 17 20:19:13 PST 2005

http://palouseaquifers.blogspot.com/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: wocsom at earthlink.net
  To: vision2020
  Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 7:48 PM
  Subject: [Vision2020] Request for Information

  Does anyone have any information regarding the Canadian company that purchased the old Nailer (sp?) property north of Moscow?  I've had bits and pieces of info over the past year or so regarding this company wanting to "wash clay" trucked up from the Troy area and use vast quantities of water from the aquifer(s) that lie under Moscow and the surrounding area.  It's my understanding this could severely impact the already stressed water resources for the local area for not only those who rely on their stand alone wells (e.g., county residents) but also the municipalities of Moscow and Pullman.  It's also my understanding the state has given its blessing but the jury is still out for the county commissioners.  If that's the case, I hope they provide a thumbs down on the issue and the washers of clay go away.  Forgive me if some of the info I've typed out is incorrect or incomplete, but I'd sure appreciate any update or corrections th! ose of you in the know may have.  Thanks much.

  Coop

   List services made available by First Step Internet,
            mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com