[Vision2020] In Memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 13:36:30 PST 2005

Thank you, Tom, for reminding us of the inspirational words and works of  Dr.
King.  I particularly like to think about the phrase that someday  people
will be judged by the "content of their character and not the color of  their
skin."  This is especially applicable in Moscow, and on the  Palouse since we
are, unfortunately, missing the cultural  richness that racial diversity would
bring to our  overwhelmingly white population.

Nonetheless, I enthusiastically embrace the notion of examining character  as
a measure of a person's integrity.  In that regard, I ask the  administrators
of  Wilson, Inc., and  their co-religious, historically ignorant, fellow
travelers,  who apparently swallowed without gagging the textual garbage of
Southern Slavery As It Was  to publicly repudiate that toxic  tissue of lies.  I
urge them, as a matter of intellectual  maturity, to examine the historical
training of the  authors, Doug Wilson and Steve Wilkins and ask themselves: "What
is  the character of men who profit from lies, pander to hate groups, and, (to
put  it charitably) *forget to footnote" the work of other authors?

Rose Huskey

"One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan