[Vision2020] Freecycle?

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 16 15:27:58 PST 2005

Visionaries:

I learn something new every day!  Have any of you ever had any dealings with
Freecycle?  Here's the Web site:
http://www.freecycle.org/

Here's a blurb from their Web site:
"The worldwide FreecycleT Network is made up of many individual groups across
the globe. It's a grassroots movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff
for free in their own towns. Each local group is run by a local volunteer
moderator (them's good people). Membership is free. . . . The FreecycleT Network
was started in May 2003 to promote waste reduction in Tucson's downtown and help
save desert landscape from being taken over by landfills. The Network provides
individuals and non-profits an electronic forum to "recycle" unwanted items. One
person's trash can truly be another's treasure!"

It appears that there are two local groups:

It sounds like a fantastic idea to me!  I've had good "stuff" that I didn't
really have the ability to get to a donation point, or that Goodwill won't
accept (like all those children's plastic hangers I paid a fortune for when my
daughter was little), so I'm thrilled to know of another option!

HTH,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.