[Vision2020] child abuse/parents set free

Tami Stinebaugh stin1624 at uidaho.edu
Sun Jan 16 15:22:33 PST 2005

What I don't understand is how they ended up plea bargaining this down to "attempted aggravated child abuse" for the father.  How is this "attempted"?  The child died... Hmmmm.  I'm not seeing the logic here.  And the mother will have a clean record in 2 years?  Certainly she is young enough that she could have many more children after that time frame, and nothing on her record to show that this first baby of hers died from abuse?  Oh, and finally, the father's attorney said that he doesn't even know if the child's death was a homicide.  Hmmmm, really?  Multiple broken bones, adult strength drugs in the her system, 4 month old baby never wakes up...Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.  It's so sad...

Another article on the story:  http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/05/01/64166207.shtml

Tami Stinebaugh