[Vision2020] Inauguration/Liberal bias

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Fri Jan 14 09:01:38 PST 2005

All,

>Lawmakers representing the Washington area have complained to the White
> House about the District of Columbia not getting enough federal help to
> cover the estimated $17.3 million security costs of the inaugural.

To those who think the inauguration is "free," you haven't been paying
enough attention.
I recently read that the District of Columbia is now being allowed to charge
off it's costs to
the Dept of Homeland Security.

Don't we, as taxpayers pay for the Dept. of Homeland Security?

Personally, I would rather my tax dollars go to hiring dependable
interpreters,
and agents/equipment for port surveillance, and any number of more important
things (other than supporting the vanity of a president who falsely
manipulated us into war in
Iraq).

And for those of you who think there is liberal bias in the media, it is
very interesting to me
that the AP news service writes, "The White House acknowledged Wednesday
that its hunt
for Iraqi weapons of mass destruction--a two year search costing millions of
dollars--has closed
down without finding the stockpiles that President Bush cited as a
justification for overthrowing
Saddam Hussein."  when, in fact, the war in Iraq costs U.S. taxpayers about
$4.8 billion
a month.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=asC2oZAGbhZE&refer=top_world_news

The phrase "millions of dollars" is could be used to describe the price of a
single house lived in
by a George Bush crony. When describing the war in Iraq (aka looking for
WMD), the term
"millions of dollars" sounds like propaganda aimed at the 51% that can't
seem to master the details.
Who runs the media?

Oh, and let us never forget the 10,000 U.S. casualties in Iraq. You
know--all those dead and dismembered
 young people with families who, along with their families, will never be
the same. And what about
the estimated 50,000 Iraqi deaths?  How could anyone, after deciphering the
details, support the inauguration
of this man? It boggles the mind.