[Vision2020] craigslist

dpw dainw at fsr.com
Wed Jan 12 11:41:40 PST 2005

While the craiglist site may be a great community resource, I'd like to take
this opportunity to remind you all about the another great local community
resource First Step provides as a free service to all of the communities
that support us. Moscow (along with many of the other communities in the
region) already has a wonderful community website that is certainly
comparable and in some case superior to the craiglist site.

These community sites feature user-submittable listings, classifieds,
community news, and even an user-driven event calendar that automatically
submits new events to a free community listserv. People who maintain their
own community events calendar will appreciate the options available to
download the events for importing into their own calendar system. The sites
also contain useful links, real-time news feeds, current movie listings for
every theater in the area, and a photo gallery system that is capable of
being administered by different civic groups and organizations.

Because we serve so many communities, we designed a system that links all of
the communities together so people at  <http://www.lewiston.com/>
www.lewiston.com can instantly see events and business listings in
<http://www.pullman.com/> www.pullman.com if they wish. Because the
communities are all integrated, a user can submit one business listing to
their community site and have it show up in all communities at once! Users
can log in and edit any of their submissions at any time, and we are always
available to assist with any problems or questions that our users may have
with any part of the process.

First Step maintains and develops these website in-house at our expense, and
have done so for 10 years. We strive to only approve submitted content that
is relevant to the community and category, and we work constantly to
maintain this high level of quality content. As we developed these community
sites entirely in-house, modifications and feature enhancements are not just
possible, they happen on a very regular basis. We are constantly working to
improve these sites and make them more useful as a community resource.

First Step develops and hosts many hundreds of websites for a wide variety
of clients, from grammy award winning musicians like
<http://www.santana.com/> Carlos Santana, to local businesses like
<http://www.nrsweb.com/> Northwest River Supplies and
<http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/> Mary Janes Farm. Even compared to the high
volume sites we host, our community sites are among the busiest sites we
have in terms of user traffic and bandwidth, and we are extremely proud of
that fact.

If you, or anyone reading this letter has not yet done so, I encourage you
to explore and use these community websites, and welcome your feedback and
suggestions for improvement.

 <http://www.clarkston.com/> Clarkston, Washington - www.clarkston.com
<http://www.clarkston.com/>
 <http://www.colfax.com/> Colfax, Washington - www.colfax.com
<http://www.colfax.com/>
 <http://www.garfield-wa.com/> Garfield, Washington - www.garfield-wa.com
<http://www.garfield-wa.com/>
 <http://www.genesee-id.com/> Genesee, Idaho - www.genesee-id.com
<http://www.genesee-id.com/>
 <http://www.lewiston.com/> Lewiston, Idaho - www.lewiston.com
<http://www.lewiston.com/>
 <http://www.moscow.com/> Moscow, Idaho - www.moscow.com
<http://www.moscow.com/>
 <http://www.moseslake-wa.com/> Moses Lake, Washington -
www.moseslake-wa.com <http://www.moseslake-wa.com/>
 <http://www.palouse.com/> Palouse, Washington - www.palouse.com
<http://www.palouse.com/>
 <http://www.pomeroy-wa.com/> Pomeroy, Washington - www.pomeroy
<http://www.pomeroy-wa.com/> -wa.com
 <http://www.potlatch.com/> Potlatch, Idaho - www.potlatch.com
<http://www.potlatch.com/>
 <http://www.pullman.com/> Pullman, Washington - www.pullman.com
<http://www.pullman.com/>
 <http://www.orofino-id.com/> Orofino, Idaho - www.orofino
<http://www.orofino-id.com/> -id.com
 <http://www.yakima-wa.com/> Yakima, Washington - www.yakima-wa.com
<http://www.yakima-wa.com/>
 <http://www.viola-id.com/> Viola, ID -  <http://www.viola-id.com/>
www.viola-id.com

In addition to the above communities, First Step has also developed these
seperate community websites that are also excellent local resources:
 <http://www.weippe.com/> Weippe, ID -  <http://www.weippe.com/>
www.weippe.com
 <http://www.kendrick-juliaetta.org/> Kendrick / Juliaetta, ID -
<http://www.kendrick-juliaetta.org/> www.kendrick-juliaetta.org
 <http://www.kendrick-juliaetta.org/> Potlatch Scenic Six Communities -
<http://www.potlatchidaho.org/> www.potlatchidaho.org

Thanks for your support!

Dain White
Senior Developer - Webmaster
First Step Internet, L.L.C.

<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/dainw/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Si
gnatures/www.fsr.com> www.fsr.com |
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/dainw/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Si
gnatures/www.fsr.net> www.fsr.net