[Vision2020] Lions Clubs tsunami relief update

Thomas Saylor tsaylor at tds.net
Mon Jan 10 15:03:32 PST 2005

The Troy Lions felt that events in South Asia were of such a magnitude, and
the human suffering so great, that we were compelled to join Lions globally
in supporting direct relief efforts. Disaster relief is a core function of
Lions Clubs throughout the world, and represents an efficient and targeted
way to deliver immediate aid.

To answer your concern, The Troy Food and Clothing Bank will receive over
$1,200 in budgeted funds from the Troy Lions this year. We anticipate
increasing that amount as our budget permits.

In addition to direct funding of the Food Bank, for the last two years the
Troy Lions have purchased Latah County Fair animals from Troy 4H/FFA
members, had the animals cut and wrapped, and donated the meat to the Food
Bank.

About 92% of Troy Lions' budgeted expenditures remain within Troy and the
surrounding communities, including Latah County.

Thanks for our interest,

Tom Saylor
President, Troy Lions