[Vision2020] Gary Larson on one of today's headlines

Ron Smith ron_smith at md7.com
Mon Jan 10 11:25:43 PST 2005

>From that previous post:

"These assertions are generally recognizable by the practical
impossibility of being neither unequivocally confirmable nor
falsifiable..." (em. mine)

Mr. Fox,

I am pleased to see your admission that my religious beliefs are not
"falsifiable". You have given me more that your atheistic cohorts, and
for that I thank you. And since my beliefs are not falsifiable, why
reject them so readily?

"When searching for "the truth" it may be useful to understand that some
statements are neither true nor false.  For example:

'The square root of blue recrystalizes sodomy.'"

Please point out one of my statements that is equivalent to that.
Perhaps I could have stated my case more plainly, but I do not recall
making such a silly statement.

 "Ron, I hope you are a sincere person who wishes to better the world."

Sometimes I am and I do, and sometimes I am a selfish s.o.b. Thank you,
Jesus for obeying and suffering on my behalf for all my imperfections.

"you might consider shifting the focus of your faith and the use of your
talents from proselytization to working directly, non-judgmentally, and
non-theologically to alleviate some of the obvious sufferings in the
world -- hunger, disease, illiteracy, war, religious strife, crime,
social disorganization, etc."

Please try and look at it from my point of view, Mr. Fox. According to
the scriptures, this suffering is all caused by mankind's war with God.
We can try our best to alleviate all the suffering in the world, but
those efforts apart from the reconciliation of mankind with their
Creator would be akin to putting a band-aid on cancer. My religious
convictions tell me to do both.

Matthew 4:4 But He [Jesus] answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL
NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE
MOUTH OF GOD.'"

Ron Smith