[Vision2020] recall election

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 3 15:19:22 PST 2005

Hi Don and Other Interested Visionaries,

My understanding is that your understanding is correct:  the proposed petition
along with the signatures of *at least* 20 eligible folks is to be submitted to
the City Clerk (for a city recall effort)  :-)

As of last Tuesday morning, nothing had been filed with the City Clerk, but I've
not checked back since.  If anyone has time to do so, please pass along what you
find out, if you don't mind.

Interesting point, IMHO, about the Daily News' article.  I'm glad the paper
carried the story, but perhaps asking Dr. Weitz & his supporters to write an
Op-Ed piece would have been more appropriate given the fact that they'd taken no
"official" step in the process.  And, it sure would have been nice if the
reporter had included recall procedure info included in the article!  From
reading the article, I got the impression that the "recall effort" was an active
one rather than merely an anticipated one.

For those interested, I believe there were 11,785 registered voters in the last
general City election, which means that 2,357 signatures would be required for
the effort to be successful.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.