[Vision2020] recall election -- 1912 building costs

Janice Willard jwillard at turbonet.com
Mon Jan 3 13:12:19 PST 2005

I suspect that the reasons for this recall attempt have very little to do
with either the 1912 building or the St. Maries school issue--which is now
being resolved through communication and compromise, building a stronger
neighborhood rather than tearing it apart.  I suspect that this goes back to
the "anonymous businessmen" who are in this with Mr. Weitz.  Like
puppeteers, they are pulling his strings, but staying behind the curtain, so
we can't assess their real motives.  Perhaps these city counsel members
tripped over some sacred cow of theirs.  Mr. Weitz, with these off the wall
examples, may well be just blowing a smoke screen for them.

I recently heard the noted journalist Bill Moyers say that: "News is what
the powerful people don't want you to hear. Everything else is just
publicity."

I would like to see our area newspapers do a little investigative digging
into the people who are really behind this recall and what are their
motives.  And why they feel they should to go around behind our elected
representatives to get what they want? In other words, some news, not just
some publicity for Mr. Weitz and his masked partners.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain," cried the great and
powerful wizard of Oz, who, it turned out, was not great nor even a wizard.

Hmmmmmm.  Anyone besides me interested in who is hiding behind the curtains?

JW