[Vision2020] Tax evasion: was "Mary and her Donkey"

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 2 00:19:33 PST 2005

Nick writes:

"God did not have to put Mary on a donkey, Pat, Joseph could have easily done it himself.  But my point was that the trip was not necessary.  The Romans sent officials from village to village to make property tax assessments.  Joseph would have been required to stay in Nazareth or he would have faced severe penalties."

Hey, do you reckon that Joseph hopped the donkey because he was trying to evade taxes?  Good heavens, Nick, do you know what this means???  Christ Church might be closer to true Christianity than we thought!  When they got to Bethlehem, Mary opened up a vanity press, but she told the Board of Equalization it was just a manger.

Just being facetious,
Joan "dog in the manger" Opyr