[Vision2020] The Roman Census

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Sat Jan 1 11:16:29 PST 2005

Greetings:

Ron Smith should read what he's googled more carefully.  These are the same
records that my sources and others have used for years to show that Luke's
census was made up and not historical.  Please note that it requires
anyone, including Joseph, who happens to be away from his home, to return
to their residences (not ancestral homes) to be assessed for taxes.

Remember, Ron, the Romans were a practical race and they would not require
people to return to their ancestral homes to be taxed.  Where would I
return in such a fantastic system?  To my mother's family in Missouri or my
father's in Wisconsin?  Or worse yet, to my father's family in Germany or
my mother's in Northern Ireland??  I'm happy the Romans did it the way
Latah County and every other county does it.

Thanks, Ron, for the web links.  I will add them to my article at
www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/census.htm.

Yours for intelligent taxation,

Nick Gier