[Vision2020] Spartan: Movie rental recommendation

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 21:53:26 PST 2005

All:

I viewed the film "Spartan" last week on DVD from a rental at Howard Hughes
Video and was blown away.  I love all of film director David Mamet's work, and
his skill as a playwright provides a dimension many modern movies lack in the
sophistication and literary value of the script.  This film obliquely tackles
the controversial tactics of the war on terror (my interpretation), and gives
insight into the mind of a sophisticated but brutal military approach to the
cruelty and ethical duplicity inherent in this subject.  I recommend this film
highly.

Ted Moffett