[Vision2020] Pot Calling Kettle: Remember hatesplotch.net

Christian Burns christian.burns at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 18:57:34 PST 2005

I tried to find the Hate Splotch and here it is for your enjoyment

http://web.archive.org/web/20040214052948/www.hatesplotch.net/

So far as I can tell its not as bad as you made it sound but this way
you can quote the really hateful parts. Facts seem to do better than
feelings. I am new to all of this stuff and its very funny at times.

Parody as a tool of offence or defense? That is the question as I see it.

Here are some gems that I found.

---

Climate: Ten day hate forecast

 Previous Weather:

Tue
Feb 03
Small systems of bitterness and resentment can be expected to flurry
around Friendship Square and the posterboard/marker pen aisle at
Wal-Mart. Look the other way.

---

And this almost made me pee my pants but not quite

---

To deny the brutal nature of slavery is parallel to the denial that
the Holocaust and other acts of historical brutality ever took place.
Wilson's public and documented claims to abhor the brutal nature of
slavery add fuel to our already righteously burning indignation. After
all, that's just the sort of tricky thing that we would expect of his
kind. When Wilson describes racism as an offense against the holy and
righteous Triune God, we find that to be dismissive and to negate the
agonies suffered by millions of people and blurring a dark memory that
we, as sentient beings, should never forget. After all it is our
collective sentience that has been offended and must be appeased. And
Amen thrice. We also point out that his Triune God is probably
masculine, and as a result we absolutely refuse to drink His coffee,
eat His cheesecake, or condone through consumer endorsement the
insensitive way He has arranged things. This breathing thing is under
duress.

---

So I was not at the history conference 2004 but I did manage to listen
to a few mp3s of it and thought it was great.

Christian Burns

"The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and
by parts... the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good
men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke