[Vision2020] Open debate

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Mon Feb 28 12:55:52 PST 2005

Melynda,

In this day of tracing tools, syntax/style analyses [note the plural], hidden, interweaved, subheader records in emails, composition program traces, it is foolish that anyone thinks they are really being anonymous.  It is especially easy for analysis programs to spot the writing of a sexist man posting anonymously as an abused woman.  (There have been at least four different cases of such anonymous posters on V 2020.)

Except in the case of clear hypocrisy and cowardice, I generally do not reveal the identities of the less than honest.  I will reveal a few in time who fit the mentioned categories, but I'll wait for just the propitious moment.

Jon Kimberling and I agree about very little.  But I admire his courage and willingness to sign his name to his opinions.

"Stigmata X" really has nothing to worry about either.  His is the only game in the region.  If he signed his real name, it probably wouldn't hurt his business a bit.  I would patronize it, if needed.  I do wonder though what the real reason is that he is afraid/ashamed to sign his name.

Cowardice and hypocrisy are not redeeming qualities.  That is another reason why I will continue to argue against and poke fun at the Christ Church Cult and its flimflamming, buffoonish Cult Master.

Mike Hall plays his sorrowful violin about being the target of discrimination after all his hard work [Hitler worked very hard also].  Since a portion of Hall Closet Uniform's profits support racism, sexism, homophobia, theocratic/anti-democratic ambitions, stupidity, etc., etc.,  he needs to turn his mirror on himself.

If Mike really thinks he is a Christian, then he needs to read the passages from Matthew very, very, carefully (see below) and the discussion of those passages on V 2020 that occurred awhile back.  When he understands these passages, he will evidence such understanding by changing churches, quickly, without regrets.

In a few months the spotlight will really brightly shine on Hall Closet Uniforms anyway.  When it does, V 2020 readers may also want to recall the passages from Matthew below and a few others.

Religious freedom means the freedom to believe in anything no matter how comforting, disingenuous, manipulative, or asinine.  It does not mean that religious belief is free from critical analysis, comment, and ridicule (this is not an Islamic Republic like Saudi Arabia).  Put away your violin Mike; it just makes you, like George Kong who uses the same from-ignorance pitch, look like either you are really divorced from reality or you are really inept con artists.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com

Matthew 25:31 - 46 (YLT) 31‘And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory;
32and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats,
33and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left.
34‘Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
35for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me;
36naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me.
37‘Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink?
38and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around?
39and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee?
40‘And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did it to one of these my brethren—the least—to me ye did it.
41Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;
42for I did hunger, and ye gave me not to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me not to drink;
43a stranger I was, and ye did not receive me; naked, and ye put not around me; infirm, and in prison, and ye did not look after me.
44‘Then shall they answer, they also, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or infirm, or in prison, and we did not minister to thee?
45‘Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of these, the least, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.’