[Vision2020] Satire alert and disclaimer

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:52:18 PST 2005

Dear Visionaries:

Now here's a string of words I never thought I'd read:

"Donovan, thank you for a breath of common sense and decorum."

Mr. Hall, Mr. Hall, where do I begin?  First, let me say that the La Kirka Nostra website makes no reference to you whatsoever.  It is a parody of A) dictatorial theocracy and B) any and all churches that have embraced the concept of "Biblical enforcement," i.e., pressing upon others their own unique interpretation of the Bible through manipulation, intimidation, financial retribution, backdoor political machinations, blackmail and shunning.  If that seems to strike close to home, you cannot blame me.  I hereby issue the standard author's disclaimer: La Kirka Nostra is a work of fiction.  Names, characters, incidents, places, business establishments, and philosophies espoused are the product of the author's imagination and are used fictitiously.  Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or to business establishments, events, or locations is purely coincidental.

In other words, I don't know you, and I am not writing about you.  You and Donovan may now pull your collective underwear out of the bunch into which it seems to have twisted itself.  There; now you can both sit down and relax.

I leave you with a few words of wisdom from my friend and mentor, Foghorn Leghorn: "You're too low to the ground son.  The fast ones go right over your head!"

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: I believe I know what a "character assignation" is, Don: it's when Auntie Establishment, Nostra Damn It, and Pastor Pasta Corleone all get together in the same room.  Good gravy, let's hope there's a pill for that.  Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msncom