[Vision2020] Buffalo:Cruel Joke Relates to Cruel History!

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 15:18:39 PST 2005

I have followed this discussion with interest.  I believe Ted's  statements
are entirely supportable and historically accurate.  Ms.  Falen is just plain
wrong about the harvesting of hundreds of thousand of  buffalo for their hides
or meat.  (Unless she knows something  about major industrial-scale hide
tanning businesses  somewhere along the North Platte River that historians of the
American West  have somehow ignored.  The same objection applies to the absence
of   meat packing plants.)  Further, don't play the "atrocities on both
sides"  card unless you have chosen to remain forever faithful to the "history" you
 learned in 5th grade during the 1950's.
Rose Huskey

"One cannot  level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many  of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something  and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan