[Vision2020] RE: wake up call

LuJane Nisse publisher lujane at lataheagle.com
Sun Feb 20 11:07:50 PST 2005

when you are writing professionally you would attempt and work at this type
of usage. However, in a casual conversation (such as V2020 is - I think - oh
oh I ended with a preposition) it is written as we would talk to our
husbands, wives, etc.

I often say mentally retarded as my mind scrambles for developmentally
delayed. I have a son who is DD (dev delayed) and when I talk to
professionals about him, my mind travels back to the 60s and says mentally
retarded. <sigh>

Perhaps I could suggest a few other politically correct terms:
* instead of "adultery" we should say "monogamously challenged"
* we shouldn't call people "dumb" but SHE (I'd say HE) engages in artificial
stimulation
* men shouldn't use "babe" or "chick" - but "she's a breasted American"
* Instead of she's kinky - should say "she's a creative caretaker"
* Instead of "airhead" - but "reality impaired"
* She's not a "nag" but just verbally repetitive
* She doesn't have a killer body - she's terminally attractive
* he's got a beer belly - instead he's developing a liquid grain storage
facility.
* he's not a bad dancer but he's overly caucasian (hmmm maybe I'll get
blasted for that one?)
* he doesn't get lost all the time but he investigates alternative
destinations.
* He's not falling down drunk, he's just "accidentally horizontal"

there's more... I'm afraid I'm boring you (or angering some).
LJ