[Vision2020] Moose Poaching

Fiat Lux fiat_lx at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 08:45:56 PST 2005

Here's another lawbreaker getting away with it.  I
demand justice.  Unlawful killing and/or wasting of
game and depriving honest hunters of the chance to
legally harvest a moose for their family really gets
my ire up.  I have no patience for a disrespectful,
"on the take" attitude of entitlement.  I condemn
deliberate and senseless killing of animals.  I hate
poachers probably as much as some people hate NSA or
Doug Wilson.  Whew, now that I've gotten that off my
chest...
God bless the IDFG officers.  Their job is a dangerous
one.  Let us not forget the two IDFG officers (Bill
Pogue & Conley Elms) killed in the line of duty by a
poacher (Claude Dallas).

Fiat Lux

IDAHO FISH AND GAME
CLEARWATER REGION NEWS RELEASE
Lewiston, ID

Date: February 16, 2005
Contact: Mike Demick
(208) 799-5010

fish & game seeks help solving moose poaching

MOSCOW - The Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG)
is seeking information concerning the recent shooting
of a cow and calf moose in Meadow Creek of northern
Latah County.

Both moose are thought to have been shot from a nearby
road and within the last 15 days. Both moose were
removed from the area.

Anyone having knowledge about these crimes or other
wildlife-related violations are encouraged to call the
toll-free CAP hotline at 1-800-632-5999, their local
conservation officer or any law enforcement authority.
Callers will remain anonymous and a cash reward of
$500 is available if the information is sufficient for
a citation or a warrant to be issued. A conviction is
not necessary.

"Hunters should be outraged," said Clint Rand, IDFG
conservation officer based in Moscow. "Not only did
the poachers break the law, but they stole from every
ethical hunter wanting a chance to hunt moose."

Moose hunting in Idaho is restricted to those who are
successful in a lottery drawing for a limited number
of tags. Every illegal killing of a moose takes an
opportunity away from a legal hunter who would like to
have the rare opportunity.