[Vision2020] New High School

cburke at wsunix.wsu.edu cburke at wsunix.wsu.edu
Thu Feb 17 08:48:15 PST 2005

Now that the facilities committee has recommended that the upcoming
school bond issue cover the construction of a new high school, what
is to become of the old high school? It seems to me that if the
current high school is inadequate due to need of repair, then it will
require renovation irregardless, unless it is to be demolished. I
wonder where the renovation money will come from? I was hoping that
we could renovate the old high school and thereby get more bang for
our money...a renovated building and a well functioning school. To
accommodate a revised configuration (4 year vs 3 year high school), I
had hoped that a conversion of the high school to a junior high and
the junior high to a high school would get some traction, but
apparently that hasn't happened. I'd like to hear others comment on
this subject.

Charles Burke