[Vision2020] Legistlative update V from Rep. Trail - Feb 7-11

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Sun Feb 13 09:13:16 PST 2005

All,

As a motorcyclist, I am not necessarily in favor of helmet laws.  Mind
you, I wear one all the time.  It's not a "conservative vs. liberal"
thing, it's a common sense thing.  I just figure you can't really
legislate intelligence or common sense.  The whole thing is just a "feel
good" law brought on by some UI students.  That right there is a
"liberal" thing.  While the loss of life last year is sad, I have a hard
time supporting the making of laws that will supposedly prevent said
accidents from happening.

It's illegal to operate a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol, but
that didn't seem to stop these kids, did it?

I'll keep my lid on, and I hope you all wear yours.

DC