[Vision2020] Re: Noam Chomsky

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 15:32:15 PST 2005

Dave et. al.

Perhaps you would like to qualify your statement:  "Ted, I too have read
almost everything that Chomsky has ever written"  considering the partial
bibliography presented below?  I did not make this outrageous claim, only that "I have
followed Chomsky from the late 1960s to the present day."  If you really have
read Chomsky this thoroughly, you have my respect.  Perhaps you meant only
his political writings.  Anyway, those who pose as "intellectuals," including my
silly a##, might at least pause when confronted with the real genius
contained in the works listed below.  I might have a surprise for the V2020 list
regarding your yellow journalism style aside that Chomsky "endorsed" Pol Pot.  We
shall see.

http://www.american-buddha.com/chomskY.bib.htm

CHOMSKY BIBLIOGRAPHY

Current issues in linguistic theory (1964)

Aspects of the theory of syntax (1965)

Cartesian linguistics: a chapter in the history of rationalist thought (1966)

Topics in the theory of generative grammar (1966)

Perspectives on Vietnam (1966)

Language and mind (1968)

Syntactic structures (1968)

American Power and the New Mandarins (1969)

I nuovi mandarini; gli intellettuali e il potere in America. (1969)

L'Amerique et ses Nouveaux Mandarins. (1969)

"Notes on Anarchism," (1970), At war with Asia (1970)

Two essays on Cambodia (1970), Chomsky: selected readings (1971)

Problems of knowledge and freedom (1971)

Hypothèses, trois entretiens et trois études sur la linguistique et la
poétique (1972)

 Language and mind (1972), Studies on semantics in generative grammar (1972)

Syntactic structures (1972)

Conoscenza e libertá (1973)

For reasons of state (1973)

Peace in the Middle East? Reflections on justice and nationhood (1974)

Proceso contra Skinner (1974)

<FONT  COLOR="#000066" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=4 PTSIZE=14 FAMILY="SANSSERIF"The logical structure of linguistic theory (1975)

Reflections on language (1975)

Essays on form and interpretation (1977)

Human Rights and American Foreign Policy (1978)

Intellectuals and the state (1978)

Verso la terza guerra mondiale? (1978)

After the cataclysm: postwar Indochina and the reconstruction of imperial
ideology (1979)

 Language and responsibility: based on conversations with Mitson Ronat (1979)

Morphophonemics of modern Hebrew (1979)

The political economy of human rights (1979)

Reflexiones sobre el lenguaje. traducción de Joan A. Argente y Josep M. Nadal
(1979)

The Washington connection and Third World fascism (1979)

Lectures on government and binding. (1981)

Radical priorities (1981)

Some concepts and consequences of the theory of government and binding (1982)

Superpowers in collision: the cold war now (1982)

Towards a new cold war: essays on the current crisis and how we got there
(1982)

The fateful triangle: the United States, Israel, and the Palestinians (1983)

Modular approaches to the study of the mind (1984)

Turning the tide : U.S. intervention in Central America and the struggle for
peace (1985)

Barriers (1986),

Knowledge of language: its nature, origins, and use (1986)

Pirates & emperors: international terrorism in the real world (1986)

The race to destruction: its rational basis (1986)

The Chomsky reader (1987)

La quinta libertad: la política internacional y de seguridad de Estados
Unidos (1987)

On Power and Ideology (1987)

Turning the tide: the U.S. and Latin America (1987

The Culture of Terrorism (1988), Language and Politics (1988)

Language and Problems of Knowledge (1988)

Manufacturing consent: the political economy of the mass media (1988)

Nuestra pequena region de por aqui: politica de seguridad de los Estados
Unidos (1988)

Necessary Illusions (1989)

Pirates & emperors: international terrorism in the real world (1991)

The Sound Pattern of English (1991)

Terrorizing the Neighborhood (1991)

What Uncle Sam really wants (1992)

Chronicles of dissent: interviews with David Barsamian (1992)

Deterring democracy (1992)

Language and Thought (1993)

Lectures on government and binding: the Pisa lectures (1993)

Letters from Lexington: reflections on propaganda (1993)

The prosperous few and the restless many.(1993)

Rethinking Camelot: JFK, the Vietnam War, and U.S. political culture (1993)

World order and its rules: variations on some themes (1993)

Year 501: the conquest continues (1993)

Critical assessments (1994)

Keeping the rabble in line: interviews with David Barsamian (1994)

Manufacturing consent: Noam Chomsky and the media (1994)

Secrets, lies, and democracy (1994), World orders, old and new (1994)

The minimalist program (1995)

Secrets, lies, and democracy (1995)

Chiapas Insurgente (1995)

Powers and prospects: reflections on human nature and the social order (1996)

Class warfare: interviews with David Barsamian (1996)

Media control: the spectacular achievements of propaganda (1997)

The Cold War and the University (1997)

Terrorizing the neighborhood: American foreign policy in the post-cold war
era (1998)

The new military humanism: lessons from Kosovo (1999)