[Vision2020] Re: Well, It ain't plumbing

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 9 00:55:22 PST 2005

Ah, thank you, Auntie Establishment, for your ever-entertaining  words.

However, I want to reassure you and Pat Kraut -- who I'm sure was aghast to be
included with the likes of us other "Intoleristas" and who abhors those most
unappealing butt-cracks (assuming that's part of what she refers to as private
parts -- Pat, please correct me if I'm wrong here) right along with us -- that
butt-cracks are ***illegal*** in Moscow.

I kid you not!  The display -- intentional or not -- of butt-cracks in Moscow
has been illegal since 2002.  As far as I'm concerned, that was the *only*
potentially positive aspect of Moscow Ordinance 2002-13, the so-called "public
nudity" ordinance that really was nothing more than an attempt to criminalize
female breasts.  Yes, yes, I know . . . there are some in our community who fear
that the revelation of female breasts will drive otherwise "faithful" males into
a sexual frenzy.  And, I'm sure it will come as no surprise to many here that I
find that argument pure hogwash -- men are just as capable as controlling their
instincts as females.  If I'm not driven to attack the (few) males with
"irresistible" pecs, I'm willing to grant that the males in our community are
capable of the same self-control.

(And, of course, that fails to take into account those with "alternative" sexual
preferences in our community.  But, since the law also failed to consider that
vital segment of our community, I'll leave that to others to address.)

Yes, it's true:  butt-cracks are illegal in Moscow.  For those who doubt me,
please see:
http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/citycode/TITLE10/chapter1.pdf
Sec 1-16.

Why, oh why, then, do I still have nightmares of butt-cracks???  Well, I'll tell
you:  it's because while there's a law on the books against such displays, this
seems to be a part of the law our "protectors" in blue haven't chosen to
enforce.  Naturally -- God forbid we should glimpse a female breast, but those
most unattractive butt-cracks are *still* visible!  I know of a few women who
have been told that they are showing too much cleavage, but those most
unattractive butt-cracks are still out there, tormenting us all.  This time of
year, I know it's hard to conceive, but I was subjected to all-too-many
offensive butt-cracks before the weather turned frigid.  Heck -- I'm sorry to
tell you that even with the weather cold, I've continued to see butt-cracks!

Mind you, I've not seen a single objectionable display of female breasts.
However, I continue to be tormented by offensive displays of butt-cracks.

Can we all say "selective enforcement"?

I guess I've been ignorant my entire life -- no one whose seen my breasts has
ever been compelled to mayhem or infidelity.  When the weather gets a bit (OK, a
whole lot) warmer, perhaps I should test the power of my breasts: do they have
the power to cause otherwise normal males (or females) to abandon values?
Somehow, I doubt that would be the effect  ;-)

But, why are we continuing to see those most unattractive butt-cracks???   I
mean, there's a law against them!  Sheesh -- the only potential positive of that
repressive sexist (and unconstitutional) law, and we're still seeing
butt-cracks?!?!?!

Maybe I should break out my camera?  No, on second though, that would break my
camera!

I ***urge*** all who continue to see those illegal butt-cracks in Moscow to call
our "protectors"!  Report all sightings -- I'm serious:  had sufficient
attention been paid to those offensive butt-cracks, then they'd be as scarce as
the female breasts that were determined to be so detrimental to "our" community.
Funny -- while female breasts were viewed to be "harmful" to our community, the
disappearance of same hasn't helped anything, has it?

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke