[Vision2020] Memories

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Mon Feb 7 01:05:33 PST 2005

Visionaries

This time last year Vision 2020 was on fire with posts concerning  the
upcoming Credenda Agenda (Christ Church) History Conference.  For  old times sake I
re-visited the home page of the League of the South.
_http://www.dixienet.org/Core.html_ (http://www.dixienet.org/Core.html)     As you may recall, a
featured speaker at the "History" Conference was Steven J.  Wilkins, co-author of
Southern Slavery as It Was and pal of  Moscow's own Doug Wilson.  Mr. Wilkin's
ties to the League of the South  were of concern to many of us of us last year.
Recently, the LOS has polished up  a "Core Beliefs" statement that should lay
to rest any lingering notions that it  is just a fun loving group of Bubba's
with a fragile grasp of history.

Excerpts from their new manifesto include:

"The League of the South asserts that Southern society is radically
different from the society impressed upon it by an alien occupier. American  society
today is egalitarian and Marxist and is devoid of any grace or charm. In
contrast, we believe in a Southern society that
· Upholds the ontological or  spiritual equality of all men before God and
the bar of justice, while  recognizing and rejoicing in the fact that is [sic]
has  neither been the will of God Almighty nor within the power of human
legislation  to make any two men mechanically equal.
· Is structured upon the Biblical  notion of hierarchy. In short, a
recognition of the natural societal order of  superiors and subordinates where
Christian charity (as found in the second Table  of the Law) toward our neighbors
produces harmony and stability. Christ is the  head of His Church; husbands are
the heads of their families; parents are placed  over their children; employers
rank above their employees; the teacher is  superior to his students, etc.
· Recognizes and promotes the sanctity of  Christian marriage as an image of
the relationship between Christ and His  Church; understands that loving and
stable families are the backbone of society;  stigmatizes perversity and all
that seeks to undermine marriage and the  family."

The LOS is now openly advocating secession:

"To be truly free and self- governing, the South must throw off the yoke of
imperial oppression. Therefore, The League of the South advocates the
secession  and subsequent independence of the Southern States from this forced union
and  the formation of a Southern republic."

Mr. Wilkins demonstrates his affection and  allegiance for the LOS in his
role of "Senior Advisor" to the  Board of Directors of the LOS.  It certainly is
disheartening to learn that  the Wilkins' stench will once again taint the air
of Moscow when he arrives in  August as a featured speaker at the First
Annual Trinity Festival  _http://www.christkirk.com/TrinityFest/_
(http://www.christkirk.com/TrinityFest/) .

It is my profound hope that students (and their parents) arriving  to begin
the semester at the University of Idaho and Washington State  University don't
view this shindig of Richard Butleresque bigotry and  ignorance as indicative
of the feelings or intelligence of the majority  of Moscow's residents.

If I were honestly able to attribute a modicum of mother-wit to the  brains
behind this festival I might think the timing of it was deliberately
malicious.   But that can hardly be the case. After  all, Daily News editor, Murf
Racquet tells us that the occupants  of New St. Andrews (which just happen to
include the organizing force  behind the Trinity Festival) are "good neighbors."
And, we all  know that "good neighbors" don't trash their community, don't we?

Rose Huskey