[Vision2020] Plan to Divide Electoral Votes Progresses

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:10:41 PST 2005

Hi David,

Okay, at first your scenarios scared the hell out of me.  But then I remembered that I have Dish Network and the entire 1967 series of "The Avengers" on VHS.  Listening to banal speeches like the one Bush treated Montana to yesterday is entirely optional.

As regards GOP candidates speaking only to southern Idaho and thus increasing that region's power over the rest of us, well, how much more of the state could they possibly control?  We here in Moscow are already dictated to by the likes of Senator Bear-Claw on the Senate Education Committee.  (And judging from his reported pronouncements, I suspect that, unlike Jethro Bodine, Senator Barraclough has yet to grad-jee-ate from the sixth grade.  He's a complete ma-roon.)

A strong, smart, savvy Democratic candidate (please, God, give us one in 2008) might play well enough in Moscow and Couer d'Alene and a few other places to do some real damage.  Kerry came close to Bush up here in Latah County, largely because he was "not Bush."  So, hell, a little proportional representation couldn't hurt.  I'd just like to see a Presidential candidate every once in awhile without having to drive to Spokane or Seattle.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com