[Vision2020] Thank you, Gary Schroeder.

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:45:54 PST 2005

Dear Visionaries:

I would like to send a very public thank you to Senator Gary Schroeder for voting against the proposed anti-gay marriage amendment in the Idaho Senate.  As one of Senator Schroeder's constituents and as a lesbian, a mother, and an Idaho citizen, I am proud of his vote and of his stand against this cruel and divisive measure.  On a very personal level, my family is grateful to him.

I would also like to thank Idaho Representatives Tom Trail and Shirley Ringo, both of whom have consistently opposed the House version of this measure when it has come up for debate.  They are to be commended for their strong stand in favor of diversity and tolerance and against the mean-spirited attack on what is, in Idaho, a very small and beleaguered minority.

This is our home.  We love Idaho, we love Latah County, and we love Moscow.  There's nowhere else we'd rather live -- not even Vermont.  Senator Schroeder and Reps. Trail and Ringo have, more often than I can name, put their political careers and reputations on the line to make certain that we feel welcome here.  Republican or Democrat, this is where the rubber meets the pavement.

Senator Schroeder, Representative Trail, and Representative Ringo, thank you.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.comGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com