[Vision2020] Doug Farris: Ten Commandments

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Dec 31 21:41:56 PST 2005

I just read Doug Farris letter defending Christ Church in today's
Daily News (Dec. 31, 2005). He mentions the so-called Ten
Commandments as if they were not only written in stone but in the
Bible as well.

He claims the Second Commandment says: "Thou shalt not make unto thee
any graven image." And he concludes that in "the Spirit of Christmas
we should all be thinking about the 9th Commandment."

I am prepared to offer $1,000 to Christ, Doug Wilson, or Christ's or
Wilson's Church if anyone can show us where in the Bible it says that
the so-called 2nd Commandment proscribes the making of graven images
or what the alleged 9th Commandment has to do with Christmas.

Happy New Year everybody. Read the Bible carefully.