[Vision2020] Bad Science

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:30:44 PST 2005

John D

Considering the next paragraph in which the film Day After Tommorrow
features, it is no doubt a case of bad reporting.  However, the reporter
could not have come near to this bad a job of reporting if the artilce it is
grounded in was clearer.

Better science reporting is needed and that means getting better science
training for journalists.  Similarly, better reporting of science by the
science community is needed, which means more writing training for science
majors.  Gaining more information and advancing science is wonderful, but
not if we can not communicate the ideas to others outside our fields or to
the public in general.