[Vision2020] New Year

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 31 12:44:49 PST 2005

The other day, NBC had a news story on about Spain and how it has 90% of the
citizens admitting to being Catholic but 60-70% admitting they don't attend
church; one lady put it this way: "We are a Catholic society that does not
trust the church - ANY church."

The reporter went on to describe how many of the citizens felt that Spain
was in a downward spiral, but that Spain was not alone in that action - most
of Europe was far less religious than people think.  The people over there
apparently think the USA is far more religious and far more acting on their
faith than Europe has been in decades.

Interesting to get another county's view point - especially with the likes
of Wilson,et al constantly and consistently stating the America has lost
it's religion and fails to live up to what he considers are the proper
standards of proving the "living faith".

I have read, heard and seen plenty of times where AMERICA is the major
contributor and "look-to-people" for disaster relief in this world to the
world communities as well as to those in the US and in particular in this
town.  Just because we don't live the way Wilson and his gang feel we should
or believe every word (but see the lack of work) that comes from his
organization does not mean we are "intolerant", "unfaithful", "slackers",
"anti-christs", etc.  I think this community and this country has a great
deal to be proud of and thankful for in this past year and know we will
continue to do more in the coming year.

Have a GREAT one everyone!!!

J  :}