[Vision2020] Hot sheet call types and End of Year Review meeting

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Fri Dec 30 11:34:28 PST 2005

Visionaries,
I thought you might want to know about the "Calls for Service" part of our
Hot Sheets.  I've been going over year-end statistics, and I realized that
some of the categories aren't that descriptive as to what all they address.
Here is a list of what I consider to fall under each of the categories:

Hot Sheet Call Types:

 1. 911 Calls
 2. Animal Problems
 3. Violent Crimes/Calls
 	Assault
 	Battery
 	Disturbing the peace
 	Disorderly, fight in progress, fight
 	Threats
 	Rape
 4. Property Crimes/Calls
 	Abandoned property/vehicles
 	Alarm calls
 	Burglary
 	Embezzlement
 	Found property
 	Fraud
 	Illegal dumping/littering
 	Malicious injury to property
 	Lost/found/recovered property
 	Prowler
 	Robbery
 	Theft
 	Trespass
 5. Fire Calls
 	Arsons/fires
 	Explosives
 6. Collisions
 7.. Domestic disturbances
 	Domestic battery
 	Domestic verbal
 8. DUI
 9. Drugs
 10. Juvenile calls
 	Child abuse/neglect
 	MIP/MIC
 	Injury to a child
 	Juvenile contact/problem
 	School violation
 	Kidnapping/custodial interference
 	Lewd Conduct
 	Missing/lost child
 	Runaway
 	Tobacco violation

The category listed as "all other responses" includes those calls that are
hard to classify and do not fit into other categories.  For example, calls
that are agency assists for other law enforcement agencies, security or
welfare checks, civil standbys, attempts to locate, disputes, harassment,
fish and game violations, message deliveries, noise complaints, parking
problems, public assists, suspicious persons/vehicles, traffic violations,
etc.

I have reserved Room 2B in the basement of the courthouse for January 26th
at 7:00 (19:00), for an open meeting to discuss and highlight what your
Sheriff's Office has done in the past year.  I will advertise it again as
the date approaches, but for those of you who plan things out in
advance--mark it on your calendars!

Hope to see you all there!

--Jennifer

PIO Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson