[Vision2020] BSU

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 17:26:07 PST 2005

When it came to buying cheap beer, few could outdo the 'C Side Social
Committee.'  The Davis Rugby Club's C team always played at 11 a.m.  As soon
as we were done, we'd throw money into a hat and race to Safeway to buy as
much of the cheapest beer we could find.  'BEER' was a favorite, Heidelberg
(Heidelburg?), PBR, and of course, Brown Derby, all made their way back to
the main IM Field.  Had to be cans, so you could drop it and step on it if
it looked like you might get caught, while you watched the 'A' and 'B' sides
play as the day went on.  No one was about to let me onto the field for one
of those games...

Of course at the party after the game, if you messed up a verse to one of
the songs, you'd have to 'Shoot the boot,' drinking all the beer from JB's
filthy cowboy boot.  He'd happily stick his vile, smelly foot back into it
after it had been drained, keeping it warm for the next victim.

Sunil