[Vision2020] And now a word from Thomas a Kempis . . .

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 20 20:50:29 PST 2005

For a moment, let us forget WalMart, fruitcakes, poverty and zoning.
Here's a little something for Dale Courtney, Big Doug, Little Doug, and
Air-Doug to blahg upon:

"Of what use is it to discourse learnedly if you lack humility and
therefore displease the Trinity?  Lofty words do not make a man just or
holy; but a good life makes him dear to God.  I would far rather feel
contrition than be able to define it."

 From "The Inner Life," by Thomas a Kempis

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: Happy 55th Birthday, Brother Carl!  In my observation, you *do*
live a good life, and thus you are dear to that deity you're not sure
exists.  In other words, you not only know your onions, you know The
Onion.