[Vision2020] Wal-Mart meeting

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 22:20:04 PST 2005

"And just what is Safeway?"

  Safeway  is a giant convenience store that poor people cannot afford. Many of  their customers only go there to save time from running across town.  Compare, Safeway- $4.50 for a lb of meat, and  $5.50 for a 12 pack  of soda. $2 for a bag of hamburger buns. Compare to Wal-Mart or Win-Co,  $5 for a 20 pack of soda, 68 cents for a bag of hamburger buns, and  $2.25 for lb a meat. Feeding a family on $200 a month, what would you  do? Wal-Mart, Win-Co, and Safeway get almost all of their food goods  from US and Canadian farmers. I go to Safeway because it is close to my  apartment. There prices are through the roof, and their lines are long  and slow. Not to mention I frequently catch them ringing my food up for  a higher price then they advertised it to be, I caught them three times  in one month overcharging me, then you have to argue with over it,  and  half the time the price difference is not worth the arguing.  I will say though that Eric, the general manager, is nice guy.
 Wal-Mart  coming in on the east side will save me no less than $75 a month, and  for a college student, that is a great deal of money.

  -DJA

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:                    st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                    Arnold stated:

    &#8220;So my guess is that it [addition of  a Wal-Mart superstore] would have the same impact as it is having now with one  exception;

    The only thing new is a grocery store on  the east side of town.&#8221;

    And just what is Safeway?

        &#8220;I  think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful  private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption.&#8221;

  - Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)

http://mail.yahoo.com