[Vision2020] King Kong Review

Area Man (Dan C) areaman at moscow.com
Mon Dec 19 07:27:22 PST 2005

Stop the presses.  Sgt. Hansen and Area Man agree on something!

Tom said:
"King Kong is a classic among classics."

You got that right.  I spent many a stormy Saturday afternoon watching
the 1933 version on Creature Feature.  Heck, I'll even stick my neck out
there and say that I like the 1976 version!  This was the first movie I
remember seeing in the theater, back when I was 7 years old.  My 5 year
old brother jumped back about three rows when the Skull Island natives
first jumped on the screen.  Looking back, I will admit that the '76
version was rather lame, but it is still classic.

I'll go to the Peter Jackson movie (I don't say 'film' because it sounds
smarmy), and I'll take Area Boy with me.  He's ten, so he can probably
handle it.  Heck, he made it through all the Lord of the Rings trilogy,
and he can probably tell you more about any of the six Star Wars movies
than you never wanted to know.  Ask his Aunt.

And I'm with ChasUK in my hopes that Jackson will use all the jingle he
gets out of this flick to make The Hobbit a reality.

DC