[Vision2020] Miraculous Births

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Mon Dec 19 11:05:47 PST 2005

Greetings:

After experiencing an incredibly redeeptive pre-Christmas Sunday, I decided
to make some changes to the last paragraph of my column on the Christmas Story.

This past Sunday I was uplifted and made whole by the best performance of
Handel's Messiah that I've ever heard in person.  That same day I was also
moved beyond measure as Unitarian children, some of whom I've taught world
religions, celebrated the miraculous births of Confucius, Buddha, and
Jesus.  Could not these births simply be symbols of the light of hope that
every newborn child brings to a broken world?

Happy Holidays,  Nick Gier