[Vision2020] Health District HIV Gossip?

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Dec 18 18:27:22 PST 2005

Janesta et. al.

Janesta wrote:

Would you rather
they NOT ask, then say... the person who was put off
for a couple of weeks, have an intimate experience
with yet ANOTHER partner and possibly expose someone
else?
-----------
Of course the Health Dept. should gather important info from their clients to
test those most at risk more quickly.  Where did I say the Health Dept.
should not gather info from their clients?  Of course anyone who thinks they are at
risk of HIV infection should either abstain or rigorously practice safe sex,
whether the Health Dept. delayed their HIV test or not based on a lack of kits
(this is incredible!) or a risk estimate indicating they were lower risk.

You appear to totally ignore the main point of my post, contained succinctly
in the subject heading.

Let me send it again for your convenience to inspire what I hope will be a
direct relevant response:

This is a major disconnect for someone who ostensibly is attempting to
encourage HIV testing to post on Vision2020 that they know the order in which the
Health District is testing clients based on how high risk they are claiming
knowledge of who the clients had sexual relations with.  If it is true that the
local Health District was releasing ANY INFORMATION OF ANY KIND outside that d
epartment regarding their testing of HIV clients (well, accept the fact they do
test for HIV), unless this involved law enforcement or the courts, they need
to change or enforce their polices ensuring total anonymity for HIV testing.
----------

My comments above were inspired by this posted information from a Vision2020
list member:

Shelley wrote:

No Saundra, this is incorrect. You can call Carol Morley at the Health
District and ask her. They had "kits" to test those at "high risk." Many people were
turned away with an appointment after they were counseled. The purpose of the
health clinic staying open last Thursday was strictly for the high risk
people that were in direct contact with Mubita as the Health Department had limited
kits. There were many people who showed up who had no contact with Mubita but
wanted tested. They were given appointments.
Concerning this comment:

Your other paragraph makes no sense.

Please quote what statement(s) in what paragraph you are referring to that
you assert "makes no sense" in your response.

Ted Moffett