[Vision2020] Saturday's paper

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 13:49:00 PST 2005

On 12/18/05, Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Really?  I thought punishment was for after he either pled or was found
> guilty.  I thought innocent until proven guilty mattered to those outside
> the Bush Administration, though they care about it when it's one of their
> own.

I agree with you 100%, Sunil.  While the prospective spread of
HIV/AIDS in our beloved Moscow, Idaho, is alarming, it doesn't need to
be turned into a circus.  I like circuses, when we are talking about
elephants and clowns, but not when we are talking about disrupted
human lives.  If Kanay is guilty -- yes, I am still prepared to give
him the benefit of the doubt -- then he will suffer far more than his
few, collective moments of orgasm will have been worth.  His victims
will suffer if they have been infected, and for the rest of their
lives; I'm not disputing or diminishing that.  However, in the
meantime, let's try and be a little more circumspect.