[Vision2020] Narnia

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 22:30:40 PST 2005

On 12/17/05, Shelly <CJs at turbonet.com> wrote:

> Hey - anybody seen the movie Narnia? Is it another Harry Potter Trilogy?

First, The Chronicles of Narnia predate the Harry Potter series by
nearly 50 years.  Second, Harry Potter is not a trilogy.  Third, The
Chronicles of Narnia is not trilogy, but comprised of seven volumes.
Therefore, you might be able to refer to the Harry Potter series as
"another" Narnia, but not vice versa.

Harry Potter does borrow from a lot of earlier works, but not from
Narnia, especially.  Rowling takes a lot of the same tropes and
combines them in marketable way.  Bravo for her.  I understand that
she is now one of the wealthiest women in the world.

Thursday, the family and I are going to go see The Chronicles of
Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.  I'll post my review
afterwards!

Tomorrow, I'm going to go see the new King Kong.  Has anyone seen that?