[Vision2020] On the season

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 18:49:12 PST 2005

Phil,

Here is an educational site you and your son might
find interesting.

*warm smile*

http://www.the-north-pole.com/around/

Janesta

--- Phil Nisbet <pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My youngest son made an interesting comment to me
> that bears thinking of.
>
> "Who doesn't worship the jolly fatman who gives
> gifts?"
>
> Christmas is an American Holiday.  Yes I know that
> you of the Christian
> faith have it as your specific celebration of your
> religion and its pretty
> easy for those of us who are not of your faith to
> forget that that is what
> the date is all about per se.  But from holiday
> shows to shopping for
> presents and a bunch of other things, all of us
> other religions have taken
> to picking off this holiday thing as well.
>
> I know that some will think its a bad thing that the
> commercialization of
> Christmas exists, but its made it one of the marks
> of being American.  They
> have no Santa in most other countries and they will
> look at you strangely if
> you talk about Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer or
> yammer on about the Grinch.
> And regadless of what else we may take from an
> association with this
> particular Christian holiday, there is a lot to be
> said for a season when we
> first remember good will toward our fellow man
>
> I hope I am not stirring up any more controversy so
> soon after settling the
> last one, but I can think of so many things that are
> totally just being
> American of all faiths that are part of htis time of
> year.  "Its a wonderful
> Life" on the tube or the Grinch for that matter and
> another reason to buy
> and eat a whole freaking turkey, the pretty lights
> on the houses in the
> snow. . .
>
> Its good to be an American, regardless of our
> politics or of our religion.
>
> So as my kids says "All hail the jolly fatman"
>
> And bless us everyone.
>
> Phil Nisbet

> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger!
> Download today - it's FREE!

>  List services made available by First Step
> Internet,

Janesta Carcich

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, any distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of any applicable privilege.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original transmission and its attachments.